A family care home is a private home that has been licensed to provide room, board, and some basic care services to up to 3 adults not related to the family. FCHs provide care for adults who require some assistance, but also need love, companionship, and support.
Family care homes:
- Provide personal care
- Have a family atmosphere
- Are usually less expensive than assisted living or nursing home care
- Are usually located in a regular neighborhood
FCHs can help you get the information you need to start your own family care home. We will:
- Tell you which state and local agencies to contact to get started
- Give you state guidelines, rules and regulations for family care homes
- Provide education and training sessions
- Help you make contact with other operators who can offer advice and support
If you are interested in becoming a family care home operator (in the state of Kentucky), email FCHServices@home.com with your name, address and phone number, or call (859) 223-9115.