Nursing Home Ombudsman Agency of the Bluegrass
Improving the quality of care for residents of long-term care facilities in Kentucky
We assist residents and their families
in nursing homes, family care homes, and personal care homes.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services updated the Nursing Home Compare Five-Star Quality Ratings to incorporate new measures that look at successful discharges, emergency visits, and re-hospitalizations. The five new measures include: 1. Percentage of short-stay residents who were successfully discharged to the community (Medicare claims- and Minimum Data Set (MDS)-based) 2. Percentage of […]
Please join us on September 30, 2016 for Una Buona Sera, “A Good Evening,” to celebrate NHOA’s 35th Anniversary!
What is the Ombudsman Agency?
The Ombudsman Agency serves approximately 5,000 nursing home, personal care home, and family care home residents and their families (as well as other interested consumers) in a seventeen-county area around Lexington, Kentucky. Its primary objectives are to:
- Protect the rights of nursing home residents;
- Identify, investigate and work to resolve residents’ concerns;
- Empower residents to make informed choices;
- Monitor and work to enact laws protecting older Kentuckians;
- Be a regular friendly visitor to residents.