Nursing Home Ombudsman Agency of the Bluegrass
Improving the quality of care for residents of long-term care facilities in Kentucky
We assist residents and their families
in nursing homes, family care homes, and personal care homes.
Nursing home resident Priscilla Malick wants to increase the number of staff and improve the quality of care for residents of long-term care facilities. Will you help her?
In January 2015, the Department of Labor updated the Fair Standards Labor Act (FSLA) rules for homecare workers. Under this new Home Care Final Rule, most home care workers must be paid the federal minimum wage and receive overtime pay. To help consumers and families understand their new responsibilities, the Department of Labor has released […]
What is the Ombudsman Agency?
The Ombudsman Agency serves approximately 5,000 nursing home, personal care home, and family care home residents and their families (as well as other interested consumers) in a seventeen-county area around Lexington, Kentucky. Its primary objectives are to:
- Protect the rights of nursing home residents;
- Identify, investigate and work to resolve residents’ concerns;
- Empower residents to make informed choices;
- Monitor and work to enact laws protecting older Kentuckians;
- Be a regular friendly visitor to residents.